German for "horse," "PFERD" leads the industry in the development, production, and distribution of solutions for surface work and material cutting.
PFERD brings 200+ years of experience to today's technology to give our distributor partners and end users nothing but the best. We operate as an independent, internationally-oriented, family-owned company geared toward the long term.
The products we develop drive efficiency, productivity, safety, and sustainability in the metalworking industry. We are relentlessly committed to creating value. Value for our customers as we continuously innovate—and value for our employees' long-term development.
PFERD in numbers
Marienheide, Germany is home to our central global headquarters for administration, logistics, production, and research and development. PFERD's North American headquarters and manufacturing facility are located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. To make sure we fulfill our customers' needs, we have 7 manufacturing plants around the globe and more than 20 subsidiaries.
- Turnover: €328 million (in 2022).
- 1,950 employees worldwide.
- 7 global manufacturing locations:
Marienheide and Hermeskeil (Germany), Vitoria and Araia (Spain), Milwaukee (USA), Johannesburg (South Africa), Changli (China).
- Over 20 subsidiaries worldwide.
- Sales representatives in over 100 countries worldwide.
- In the US, our products are sold through distribution.
- More than 200 PFERD customer advisors around the world that support our customers' needs, including a dedicated team in the PFERD North American headquarters.