TOUGH mounted points
For universal use on materials that are difficult to machine
The TOUGH type is specifically designed for use on titanium materials, nickel-based and cobalt-based alloys, hardened steel components and built-up weld deposits. Its applications include weld dressing on repair welds and reworking on turbine blades during aircraft maintenance, as well as regrinding of repair welds in tool and mould-making.
TOUGH-type mounted points consist of a vitrified bond with an aluminium oxide mixture of ceramic oxide grain and white aluminium oxide.
- Cool grinding as the grain mixture is easy to break down.
- High stock removal rates and very good tool life.
- Constant stock removal rates thanks to the self-sharpening qualities of the ceramic oxide grain.
- Hardened, heat-treated steels over 1,200 N/mm2 (> 38 HRC)
- Titanium alloys
- High-temperature-resistant materials
- Nickel-based and cobalt-based alloys
- TOUGH mounted points perform best at a cutting speed of 30 to 50 m/s.
- Mounted points should be used with a flexible shaft drive or a straight grinder.
- TOUGH mounted points are used for tool and mould-making as well as engine and turbine construction.
- TOUGH mounted points should be used with an adjusted contact pressure.
- Use dressing stones for profiling and dressing.
- Use coarse grit sizes for stock removal and rough grinding. Use fine grit sizes for fine grinding.