ALUMASTER High Speed Disc
- Does not generate hazardous or explosive dust.
- An extraction system is not required.
- Cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative to grinding wheels and flap discs of comparable weight.
- Innovative and robust design:
- The highest degree of safety
- Extreme durability
- Comfortable work
- Specially developed, turnable and replaceable tungsten carbide cutting inserts.
- Exceptionally high stock removal rate.
- Aluminium alloys
- Brass, copper, zinc
- Fibre-reinforced duroplastics (GRP, CRP)
- Shipbuilding and yacht construction
- Trailer construction
- Silo and container construction
- Vehicle construction
ALUMASTER with HICOAT coating
PFERD also offers the cutting inserts with a premium-quality HICOAT coating for lubricated aluminum casting alloys with a silicon content of 5–10 %, abrasive cast aluminum alloys with a silicon content of over 15 % and for other abrasive materials or non-ferrous metals. This prevents disc loading and wearing, even when working on the most demanding materials.
- Extremely hard
- Very low friction coefficient
- Very low tendency towards adhesion
- Improved surface quality
- Reduced burr formation
- Lubricated aluminum casting alloys with silicon contents of 5-10 %
- Sticky, greasy materials
- Abrasive aluminum casting alloys with silicon contents of > 15 %
- Abrasive materials such as fiber-reinforced plastics (FRP)
- Non-ferrous alloys of higher strength than aluminum (bronze, brass, etc.)
High Speed Torus Cutter - Available at special request
The High Speed Torus Cutter is an unparalleled tool for use on robots with an extremely high stock removal rate. Unlike products made for grinding, the cutter does not generate hazardous or explosive dust, making it ideal for a variety of applications on aluminum materials. Because of its small design, the High Speed Torus Cutter is the ideal tool for work on hard-to-reach areas such as grooves, pockets, narrow radii and contours.
The cutter perfectly complements the ALUMASTER High Speed Disc in the HSD-R 50 version and burrs with the ALU cut.